Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ SWEET GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Everyone from kids to adults will enjoy this Dr. Oz Sweet Green Smoothie recipe from his clean detox plan breakfast shakes.
This low calorie smoothie is a simple mix of mango, greens and water.
We love the addition of plant-based protein powder, making this a high protein breakfast smoothie for on-the-go or the perfect post-workout smoothie.
We recommend the optional chia seeds, they are a flavorless superfood and add tons of nutrition, or you can try ground flax seeds.
Mangos are one of our all-time favorite fruits and when mango and spinach are combined in a smoothie, the body’s ability to absorb their antioxidants, particularly lutein and xanthein, TRIPLES!
Quickly blend this green smoothie recipe in a high powered blender or if you have a “regular” blender, follow these blending tips.
Don’t forget to join our blending-loving tribe for more green smoothie recipes, updates, and giveaways from Blender Babes.
If you try this recipe, share your rating below!
Dr. Oz Sweet Green Smoothie
- 3/4 cup water*
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen mango peeled and diced (about 1 fresh mango)
- 1 tablespoon plant-based protein powder ideally vanilla flavor
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed optional
- Ice 1/2 cup only if using fresh mango
- Place ingredients into blender in order listed. Secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button OR use Manual Speed Medium until smooth.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High and blend about 30-45 seconds or until smooth OR use the Smoothie Setting.
- All done! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SPINACH
Spinach was originated in ancient Persia and then was transported to China and down through Europe.
- Catherine de Medici, wife of King Henry II loved spinach so much, that she always made sure she had cooks who could prepare it especially for her.
- The term “a la Florentine,” which refers to any dish prepared on a bed of spinach, is attributed to her.
- Spinach is a powerhouse of nutrition rich in many vitamins and nutrients.
Experts have identified at least thirteen different compounds in spinach that provide antioxidant and/or anti-cancer benefits.
- Spinach is very rich in calcium and magnesium, helping to prevent osteoporosis.
- Spinach is an excellent source of iron, which is critical for women in menopause and for people who have anemia or chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Spinach contains heavy amounts vitamin E, which helps slow mental decline and memory loss.
8 thoughts on “Dr. Oz Sweet Green Smoothie Recipe”
I like to sweeten with dates or maple syrup.
fruit is my sweetener
I sweeten with fruit.
I sweeten with dates, but usually the fruit is sweet enough! Yum!
I love sweetening with fruit 🙂
I love to sweeten my smoothies with organic honey
I love mango and spinach, this will be one of my favorites!
Love sweetning my smoothies with berries and bananas