Try our FREE Juice Detox!
AMAZING GLUTEN-FREE DAIRY-FREE FLOURLESS BROWNIES RECIPE
Each person who goes gluten-free quickly learns that there’s one thing, in particular, they really miss; my biggest loss was chocolate brownies.
There’s something about having a freshly-baked treat, especially when it’s accompanied by a cold glass of homemade almond milk. With this recipe, I no longer feel like a kid with my nose pressed against the outside of the bakery window.
These flourless brownies can be made with the ease of a Vitamix or Blendtec or other powerful blender and enjoyed without the guilt!
They’re rich in chocolate, dairy free and flourless, yet versatile enough to fit into any lifestyle.
They can even be made vegan if you use a flax or chia eggs!
One thing is for certain, once you try them, you’ll want to make them again and again, perhaps using mint chocolate chips one time, or a dusting of cinnamon the next.
Amazing Gluten-free Flourless BrowniesPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- One 14-ounce can low-sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs OR flax/chia eggs
- 1/2 cup raw cacao OR cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or turbinado sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon your favorite unsweetened milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee OR instant coffee
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a non-stick 9 by 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Place black beans, eggs (regular or flax/chia), cocoa powder, sugar, oil, milk, balsamic vinegar, baking soda, baking powder and coffee in your blender's container.
- For Vitamix: Blend at SPEED 5 until smooth, about one minute.
- For Blendtec Use the BATTERS cycle.
- Add half the chocolate chips and PULSE** four or five times to incorporate into the mixture.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes.*** Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing into squares.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** If your Vitamix model does not have a pulse feature, with the power on HIGH - quickly turn the machine on and off to equal one PULSE.
*** You can also use an 8 x 8 pan as our recipe tester did, and she baked it for 45 minutes.
BLACK BEANS HEALTH BENEFITS
This flourless recipe is made with a base of black beans, which have been shown to be the perfect mix of substances for allowing bacteria in the colon to produce butyric acid, a necessary food for the beneficial flora in our intestines.
Recent research links bean intake to lower risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and several types of cancers.
Black beans are rich in folate, fiber, protein, and even a good source of iron! Cocoa powder provides a good supply of iron, manganese, magnesium, and zinc.