Enter our Latest Blender Giveaway!
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP RECOVERY SMOOTHIE BY VEGA RECIPE
Chocolate and coconut are a match made in heaven, especially when it comes to smoothies! This blended concoction is a cross between a dessert and a post-workout drink; packed with protein for post-workout recovery and a taste that resembles a chocolate coconut cookie! Truly the best of both worlds! You can use any blender to whip this treat up, but a high-powered blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix, will give you the best consistency.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Recovery Smoothie by VegaPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1-1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4-1/2 Vega Maca Chocolate Bar broken into pieces
- 1 cup ice if using fresh banana
- Place all ingredients, except Maca bar, into blender.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Speed 10/High and blend for 50 seconds or until smooth.
- Add Maca bar pieces to blender container, pulse 3 to 4 times to create small chocolate chunks (or blend longer if you want a super smooth consistency).
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VEGA SPORT PERFORMANCE PROTEIN
A complete multi-source, alkaline-forming, plant-based protein powder blend, featuring 5,000mg of BCAAs and 5,000mg of glutamine per serving, Vega Sport Performance Protein is formulated to:
- Improve strength and exercise performance
- Repair and build muscles
- Reduce recovery time between training
The recent innovation of Vega Sport Performance Protein comes from the addition of SaviSeed (sacha inchi) protein; a rich, plant-based source of the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is important component of serotonin production in the body. Serotonin—the feel good hormone—helps with the mental aspect of recovery, so you’ll keep the drive alive and be motivated to train again. Take Vega Sport Performance Protein within 30 to 90 minutes of your workout or throughout the day to meet your individual protein needs to recharge and repair so you can do it all again, sooner. Available in Vanilla, Chocolate and Berry flavors.
Vega Sport Performance Protein was formulated by Brendan Brazier, professional Ironman triathlete and bestselling author on performance nutrition.