Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
BLOODY MARY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This is a healthy Bloody Mary green smoothie recipe with the seasoning of the classic bar cocktail.
It’s savory taste is a wonderful approach on those mornings when you don’t want a sweet fruit smoothie.
The seasonings are largely to taste, so you can add small amounts when you want more of a veggie taste or increase the spices when you want to ʺamp up the volumeʺ to your morning!
It’s like a combination of a V8 and a Bloody Mary without the alcohol. This is a VERY GREEN drink that’s also thick.
For a thinner smoothie add a bit more tomato juice or filtered water.
Also, keep in mind that there are no take backs with hot sauce and chili peppers.
Only add what you think you can handle or else you’ll be the one screaming BLOODY MARY!
This will definitely be a great addition to your favorite savory green smoothie recipes!
Blend this up today in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender and then join our community for new recipes updates and access to healthy living giveaways! Don’t forget to share your rating with us if you try this recipe! 🙂
Bloody Mary SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 8 oz tomato juice
- 1 cup celery about 2-3 stalks
- 1/2 cup baby kale
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar or to taste
- dash chili pepper or to taste
- dash clove or to taste
- horseradish* 1 silver of fresh or dash of pre-made - to taste
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the jar in the order listed and secure the lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed #10/HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
2. Feel free to add other vegetables to the mix, such as a bit of carrot, a chunk of cucumber, or a slice of beet.
*Horseradish is STRONG, be careful! You can always add more!)
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALCOHOL FREE BLOODY MARYS
This is a highly versatile recipe that has a lot going for it.
The tomato juice is a great cancer-fighting base to the smoothie, rich with lycopene for stellar eyesight.
These benefits are backed up by horseradish, garlic, and lemon juice, essentials to help one through the cold and flu season.
The rocking amounts of greens will keep your body full and fortified, so ignore the deep green color and take a sip; it’s delicious!