Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
VERY BERRY GREEN FROZEN YOGURT RECIPE
Looking for a cool after dinner treat with a healthy bonus? This berry green frozen yogurt is a delicious frozen treat the whole family will LOVE! With Greek yogurt, kale, berries, and ground flax seeds, this frozen yogurt packs a nutritious punch. Using vanilla or berry flavored Greek yogurt adds some creamy protein to the mix, and kale gives it some green superfood power. Your Blendtec or Vitamix blender will have no problem breaking down the greens into a creamy frozen dessert!
- 6 ounces apple juice or berry juice
- 1 cup vanilla or berry Greek yogurt non fat
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flax-seeds optional
- Place all ingredients into your blender from softest to hardest
- For Vitamix: Press variable speed 1, increase to speed 10 then high. Blend approx. 1 min or until smooth
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTSABOUT BERRIES
Berries are rich in nutrients, antioxidants and phytochemicals which may help prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain types of cancer. Phytochemicals have also been found to boost immunity. Berries are a sweet treat for diabetics because of their low glycemic index.
Though frozen foods often get a bad rap, recent research revealed that since frozen produce is flash-frozen upon picking and then transported, it’s possible that it is “fresher” and more nutrient-rich than produce that sits out during transit. We love to eat local, seasonal produce, but during off-seasons, the freezer aisle is a great healthy and affordable option, especially for berries!