Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ BERRY PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Dr. Oz’s berry protein smoothie recipe is creamy, flavorful and easy to make.
This protein smoothie will get your day off to the right start or give you that boost sometimes needed in the middle of the day.
This smoothie is very purple thanks to all the high antioxidant low sugar berries, so don’t make it while wearing your favorite white t-shirt! 🙂
If you’re diabetic and following a low sugar, low carb or a paleo or ketogenic diet plan, substitute xylitol or erythritol for the dates.
This berry smoothie has a tart and sweet flavor to it and is sure to please even picky eaters in the family.
With 26 grams of protein per serving, you might also consider drinking this smoothie post-workout.
Use a good power blender for the best consistency, especially if you hate berry seeds!
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy smoothie recipes from Blender Babes and our friends!
Did you like this smoothie recipe? Tell us in the comments below and share your rating with us if you try it!
Dr. Oz Berry Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup nut/rice/hempseed milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3 pitted dates soaked & chopped OR sweetener of choice to taste (honey, maple syrup, stevia, xylitol)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tablespoon plant-based protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Ice if using fresh fruit
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
As one of the few fruits native to North America, blueberries have been enjoyed by Native Americans for hundreds of years.
They have also enjoyed great popularity around the world in cuisines from Asia to the Mediterranean. Blueberries are not only popular, but also repeatedly ranked in the U.S. diet as having one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits, vegetables, spices and seasonings.
Antioxidants are essential to optimizing health by helping to combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA. We recommend enjoying raw blueberries — rather than relying upon blueberries incorporated into baked desserts — because, like other fruits, raw blueberries provide you with the best flavor and the greatest nutritional benefits.