Get FREE STUFF for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
COLD IRISH COFFEE RECIPE
Now this cold irish coffee recipe is a delicious treat for yourself for St. Patrick’s day or any day that ends in “Y” …really.
It reminds the taste buds of a White Russian, with that creamy whiskey and irish cream flavor.
As far as cocktail recipes go, this unwinding remedy is top notch.
Whether you are celebrating a green holiday with a group of four-leaf clovered friends or blurring the lines that separate you from that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, this delicious drink recipe is for you!
This blended cocktail is made in a snap with a power blender, is just what the …..*hiccup*….doctor ordered.
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 ounce Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar of choice OR 4 drops liquid Stevia
- 3/4 cup coffee, cold
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the container in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Start on VARIABLE speed #1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10/High, making certain not to overblend. The consistancy and texture is best at 20 to 30 seconds
- For Blendtec: Blend on a Medium speed for 30-40 seconds.
- Serve immediately as is or pour over more ice cubes
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
So we are not saying you should have an entire bottle of frozen irish coffee, but as a way to unwind after a long work week, a good drink goes a long way.
As far as alcohol is concerned, studies have shown people who consume one or two alcoholic drinks, such as whiskey, daily have a 50 percent lower chance of having a stroke.
Also, a MODERATE amount (again, one or two alcoholic drinks) of drinking has the ability to increase good cholesterol and decrease blood clots, which can also decrease the chance of developing diabetes by 30 to 40 percent.