Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
KATJA GLIESON’S VEGAN SUMMER NIGHT CARAMEL GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This vegan green smoothie was SO TASTY when I first tested it, that I knew we had to include it in one of our free superfood smoothie challenges!
The almond butter and dates add the perfect caramel flavor, it’s hard to tell it’s a kale green smoothie!
Katja enjoys this delicious high protein green smoothie post-workout.
Blender Babes found Katja Glieson first on the live streaming app Periscope.
We not only watched her make several vegan green smoothie recipes, but we also watched the trials and tribulations that young women face as they follow their dreams.
We felt a need to share Katja’s favorite vegan recipes as well as her inspirational story with our community. In the meantime, we highly recommend watching her as Frozen’s Elsa in the viral music video, Princess Rap Battle.
A high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix, will easily pulverize sticky dates and kale.
If you don’t have a power blender yet don’t worry, you can also make this green smoothie recipe in a “regular” blender using these tips!
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO OF THIS VEGAN SUMMER NIGHT CARAMEL GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more blender videos!
Katja Glieson's Vegan Summer Night Caramel SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup water or raw coconut water
- ½ mango
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 4 pitted soaked dates
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup kale
- ½ cup Ice more if using frozen fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth 45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS VEGAN GREEN SMOOTHIE
This vegan smoothie is perfect anytime, as well as post-workout and its nutritious ingredients offer an array of health benefits. Here are just a few plus links to recipes using these ingredients:
Hangovers: settles stomachs and replaces essential electrolytes