Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
THE FAMOUS HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
High fiber, low carb dessert recipes like this one are not only delicious, they seriously hit the sweet spot without all added calories.
It tastes and smells exactly like cookie dough (even though it’s made with healthy garbanzo beans)!
You will be lucky if it lasts 4-hours in your home, never mind 4-days in your refrigerator… since everyone will be dipping into it. 😉
Take it to a family gathering and no one will be able to believe that it is actually made with chickpeas either!
Serve it with animal or graham crackers and it’s sure to be a hit.
This recipe can be made in a food processor or a good power blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
Be sure to join our community to get new healthy blender recipes updates from Blender Babes and our friends! If you try this, be sure to let our community know by rating it in the comments. Happy Blending! 🙂
The Famous Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup milk or milk sub less or more as needed.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly alternative OR 3 tablespoons vegetable oil OR melted coconut oil
- 15 oz can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 2/3 cup xylitol or raw granulated sugar of choice
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats quick oats, or ground flax
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 tsp plus 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup to 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
- Divide recipe in half and blend in two batches.
- Add ingredients in the order listed except for the chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec*: Use Medium Speed. Twister Jar works best. For Fourside/Wildside Jars, may need to stop the machine, scrape ingredients towards the center, and continue blending.
- For Vitamix or other variable speed blender: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blade.
- Add up to 1⁄4 cup milk as needed, blend until the final result has the texture of cookie dough.
- Turn off the blender and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS CHICKPEAS
Garbanzo beans, also called chickpeas, are used in many traditional dishes across the Middle East and East.
They are full of protein, fiber and are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
Fiber: Rich in soluble fiber, after digested chickpeas forms a gel-like substance that snares cholesterol containing bile and carries it out of the body.
Rich in insoluble fiber, chickpeas helps to prevent constipation.
Energy Boost: The high iron content of garbanzo beans will give you an energy boost.
This is particularly important for menstruating, pregnant, and lactating women as well as growing children.
Weight Loss: The high fiber content in chickpeas make them excellent for weight loss.
They are satiating, keeping you full longer and controlling appetite.
Recipe from CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE by Katie Higgins. Copyright (c) 2015 by Katie Higgins. Image by Lara Ferroni. Used with permission by Grand Central Life and Style. All rights reserved.