Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
SMASHED CHICKPEA AND AVOCADO SANDWICH SPREAD OR FILLING RECIPE
Wow, talk about easy and delicious! The chickpea and avocado sandwich filling recipe has the consistency of a classic egg salad, minus the processed condiments. Hooray! It’s made with a ripe avocado (nature’s mayonnaise, as we like to call it), so you know it’s full of heart-healthy fats instead of refined oils. Couple that with the soft bite of fiber-rich chickpeas and you can kiss the other recipes goodbye. Alone, the sandwich filling makes for a great gluten-free dip, or spread it between two pieces of bread and you have a mouth-watering sandwich. One bite of this versatile vegan recipe and it’ll be a staple in your Blendtec or Vitamix repertoire!
Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich Filling or Spread RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 large ripe avocado
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Don't forget bread and your favorite sandwich toppings!
- Place ingredients in the blender container in the order listed (minus the bread and toppings, of course!)
- For Vitamix: With the blender set to Variable Speed 10/HIGH, flip between the ON and OFF buttons to pulse (or use the PULSE feature if your model has it!) approximately 7 times, or until you've achieved a chunky consistency.
- For Blendtec: Press the PULSE button approximately 6 or 7 times, or until you've achieved a chunky consistency.
- Spread the mixture onto your favorite bread, add toppings and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
Chickpeas have long been regaled as an important addition to your diet, but recent research suggests they may be more beneficial than initially believed. Chickpeas can help regulate cholesterol, and because much of the fiber found in them is insoluble fiber, it supports a healthy colon. Avocados are full of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, which support cardiovascular health. Cilantro helps to clean the bloodstream, and is also one of the only herbs to cross the blood-brain barrier, which even helps pull toxins from the brain!