Get FREE GIFTS for Your Health Here!
GLUTEN-FREE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BUTTER RECIPE
If you look for this recipe elsewhere on the internet, you will find nothing healthy about it.
But we’ve managed to substitute almost all of the ingredients to produce a gluten-free, almost-healthy snickerdoodle cookie butter!
There is still quite a bit of sugar in this recipe, but you can sub out sweeteners and even use Stevia if you prefer (see notes).
Dip apple slices (the staff’s favorite!), cookies, or whatever you can find into this — it’s amazing!
It is thick, so if you have a Blendtec Twister jar, you’ll want to use it, but otherwise your Vitamix or Blendtec will pulverize the beans and apple and whip this into a thick, butter-like consistency (or you can also use a regular food processor!).
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO OF THIS SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BUTTER RECIPE:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more blender videos!
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas rinsed and shelled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or raw turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup see notes for options
- 1/2 apple
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. For super smooth cookie dip, shell the chickpeas - but it will work fine without this step, as well.
- Place all ingredients in your blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Run the BATTERS cycle. If ingredients stick to the sides of the jar, you may have to stop the cycle and push the ingredients down and in towards the blade. If using a Twister jar use half the ingredients, run the BATTERS cycle until blended, then repeat with the other half of ingredients.
- For Vitamix: Start on Speed 1 and ramp up to speed 10, using the tamper to press ingredients down into the blades. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Enjoy with sliced apples, sticky buns, or anything else you can find!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
CINNAMON HEALTH BENEFITS
Cinnamon regulates blood sugar.
So, while this recipe is not diabetic-friendly, the addition of so much cinnamon does improve blood glucose control.
Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon every day can significantly reduce blood sugar levels, triglycerides, bad cholesterol, and total cholesterol levels in diabetics.
This spice also improves digestion, relieves congestion, and can reduce inflammation, including relieving pain and stiffness in joints due to arthritis.