Join Our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
OAT AVOCADO CLEAR SKIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Treat your skin from the inside out with this oat and avocado clear skin smoothie recipe.
Avocado is one of our favorite beauty foods, full of healthy fats and also Vitamin E.
Coconut water will keep you and your skin hydrated, while the chia or flax seeds also provide anti-inflammatory omega-3s which help promote better sleep – another skin and beauty must!
If you have been using collagen or other protein powder, this is a great smoothie to add it to!
It’s high in protein and fiber which make it very filling and perfect for a meal replacement breakfast or post-workout.
This clear skin smoothie recipe is a sweet and tasty way to add oats to a smoothie.
A good power blender can easily blend up these ingredients, however if using a “regular” blender be sure to chop the dates very small, soak them and use more liquid.
- ½ cup of nut milk, coconut yogurt, or soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- ¼ cup raw gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- ¼ cup avocado
- 2 or 3 dates, soaked and pitted
- 1 tablespoon chia seed or flax seeds (optional)
- ½ cup ice (if banana is not frozen)
- 1 scoop collagen (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth 45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
FUN FACTS AND HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia Hispanica which is related to the mint and grows natively in South America.
Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans and were prized for their ability to provide sustainable energy.
In fact, “chia” is the ancient Mayan word for “strength.”
They have busted out onto the scene in the last several years being consumed by many health conscious people. Some health benefits include:
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Almost all of their carbohydrates are fiber
- High in quality protein
- Great for weight loss
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids