Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
INSTANT CAN’T TELL IT’S VEGAN PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
Nothing says autumn like pumpkin – and a nice warm vegan pumpkin soup recipe soothes the soul and gets us excited for all of the holiday events.
This recipe is a wonderful and healthy modern interpretation of a classic pumpkin soup and is quick and easy to make in your high powered blender. (If you have a regular blender don’t fret – you can blend then heat up on the stove!)
It is a little spicy and the coconut milk gives this pumpkin recipe an interesting depth, however you can absolutely use another milk substitute if that’s what you have on hand (as Blender Babes say: Use What You Got!).
You can also try making your own homemade pumpkin puree.
This vegan pumpkin soup recipe is an ideal simple dinner or it can make 4 appetizers.
Served as hors d’oeuvre sized portions in a tiny dish or shot glass (8), this is also a good choice for an autumnal dinner party or cocktail party! So tasty, you can’t even tell it’s vegan!
Be sure to join our community for more healthy vegan recipes and much more!
If you make this at home, be sure to share with our community by rating the recipe below!
- 1 cup 240 ml vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup 60 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups 368 g canned or fresh organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup 58 g sliced onions, sautéed
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves roasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Vitamix: Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
- For Blendtec: Select the SOUPS button 2-3 times.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
This soup can also be served cold. Blend for 1.5 minutes with the Vitamix and press the Soup button one time with a Blendtec, then chill before serving.
*Optional ingredients are not included in nutritional information
PUMPKIN HEALTH BENEFITS
Pumpkin soup can be served hot or cold and is a popular Thanksgiving dish.
With the health benefits it provides, this member of the squash family should be more a part of your regular diet. The orange flesh contains a rich supply of fiber, contributing to digestive health.
One cup of pumpkin puree provides you with 7.1 grams of dietary fiber. Even better, it also contains potassium, also necessary for a healthy digestive system.
Pumpkin also contains iron, which helps keep support the immune system.
Another immune system booster that is found in pumpkin is Vitamin A, which not only helps keep your immune system working, but keeps your eyes, bones, and teeth healthy too.
It also protects your cells from damage, which can lead to certain diseases, including cancer. (Source: healthyeating)