Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
PUMPKIN PIE HIGH PROTEIN GREEN SHAKE RECIPE by VEGA
Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that will use up the leftover pumpkin puree from the holidays or from making your own homemade pumpkin puree? You and the kids will LOVE this delicious high protein green smoothie recipe that’s more like a dessert milkshake!
There are only a handful of recipes with simple ingredients you typically have in your fridge.
We like to use frozen banana for a thicker shake and our favorite plant-based protein in vanilla (Vega).
This is a non-dairy post workout green smoothie if you use a milk substitute however, for a non vegan after dinner treat you could use regular milk and/or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 1/2 cup favorite milk substitute
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus a few extra dashes
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega One plant based protein
- 1 cup of spinach leaves optional
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Use the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and shake a few extra dashes of pumpkin pie spice on top and serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
*Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN
Carotenoids such as beta-cryptoxanthin found in pumpkin have shown the might diminish the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis.
The pumpkin is also rich in beta-carotene, while its seeds contain the most valuable nutrients for fighting arthritis (so don’t throw out those pumpkin seeds, roast them!).
Pumpkins and other squash can help prevent heart conditions, lunch conditions, and relieves constipation (1 cup puree contains 7.1 grams of fiber) and also relieves hemorrhoids.
SO EAT YOUR PUMPKIN!