Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY CHERRY POM-POM CHIA GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This cherry pomegranate green smoothie recipe is the perfect contrast of sweet cherries and tart lime in a glass; it’s no wonder that this is a classic combination for desserts. This is one green smoothie that doesn’t taste or look “green”, so you are put off by the idea of drinking green smoothies, but want to change your health around, this is a great smoothie to try! It’s also the perfect smoothie for kids to help them get into the green smoothie habit! It has the added health benefit of cherries and pomegranates, known for their benefits for cell regeneration and anti-inflammation affect on muscle tissue. Have you just finished a tough workout? This should be a go-to for you? Are you suffering from arthritis? This should be a regular part of your diet. High in Vitamin C and manganese, this smoothie also includes a chia seeds boost that provides added protein and fiber. With it’s gorgeous color and wonderful flavor, this cherry smoothie recipe is also great for popsicles!
Cherry Pom-Pom Green SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice*
- juice of ½ a lime + a touch of lime zest
- 1 cup frozen whole pitted cherries
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Ice if using fresh cherries
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on a Medium speed for 40-50 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“Allow the ingredients to soak for 10 minutes. This allows the chia seeds to soften, creating a smoother blended product, and also allows the frozen cherries to soften just a bit. Frozen cherries can be very hard, coming directly out of the freezer.”
“A very creamy cherry smoothie without any kind of milk what so ever.”
“This smoothie is tasty and has lots of healthy ingredients. My husband and I both enjoyed it.”
“Coconut water can muddy flavors a bit. I preferred it with maple water and I really appreciated the extra lime punch from adding the lime zest. I would use sweet cherries (rather than tart) in this recipe. Tart cherries are a bit overpowering and there’s not enough natural sweetness in this recipe to make it a Cherry Chia Limeade Smoothie without using sweet cherries.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS SMOOTHIE
This green smoothie doesn’t taste like a glass full of spinach. It also has the added health benefit of cherries and pomegranates, known for their benefits for cell regeneration and anti-inflammation affect on muscle tissue. Have you just finished a tough workout? This should be a go-to for you? Are you suffering from arthritis? This should be a regular part of your diet.
Photo by Blender Babes Recipe Tester & Blogger Emily Dixon