Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
DR. FUHRMAN BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING
Like you, we have tried MANY balsamic vinaigrette dressings in our lifetime. What we love about Dr. Fuhrman’s balsamic vinaigrette is how the simple sweet raisins combines with the garlic. We have used regular rice vinegar and added some roasted garlic to the fresh garlic for an amazing flavor. If we have fresh basil or oregano on hand, of course we use them since our high powered Blendtec or Vitamix blender can easily pulverize both the herbs and sticky raisins in seconds.
Balsamic Vinaigrette by Blender BabesPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins or grape fruit spread
- 4 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Add ingredients to jar in order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS/DRESSINGS button
- For Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to High. Blend for 25-35 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARLIC AND RAISINS
You wouldn’t think that eating something raw, that could literally make someone’s eyes cross if you spoke to them after, would be considered an aphrodisiac… But garlic is! It increases circulation which can in turn promote arousal. Just make sure to brush your teeth. Twice. With baking soda. Then suck on more than a few peppermints. 😉
There’s good reason why raisins are considered nature’s candy! This dried fruit has over 70% fructose, but it’s a much healthier snack than candy. Raisins are loaded with iron – just one cup provides about 6mg – and iron is needed for concentration, relieve irritability and prevent fatigue, and is necessary for producing hemoglobin. Raisins are also an excellent source of fiber, which helps with digestion and regularity, and lower your risk of colorectal cancer. Raisins also contains boron, which is vital for bone health and helps prevent osteoporosis.