Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
GREEN SPROUTS SMOOTHIE SHAKE RECIPE
This vegan green sprouts smoothie shake recipe is a nutrition powerhouse made with several superfoods and made easily in a high powered blender. The chia seeds can be soaked in water, milk, fruit/vegetable juice or any other liquid you would like to try. The longer they soak, the more the health benefit. This amazing new super-food has a significant amount of fiber, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, protein, iron, and calcium.
- 1 1/4 cups water filtered
- 1 banana fresh or frozen, peeled
- 1/2 cup berries of your choice fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green sprouts
- 1 teaspoon green powder optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice reduce or eliminate if using frozen fruit
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
If using all fresh fruit, substitute 2 cups ice for filtered water for a colder smoothie. For a creamy shake, substitute 1 cup of your favorite nut milk plus 1/4 cup water. Nutritional information does not include optional green powder
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SPROUTS
Sprouts are considered as wonder food. They rank as the freshest and most nutritious of all vegetables available to the human diet. By a process of natural transmutation, sprouted food acquires vastly improved digestibility and nutritional qualities when compared to non-sprouted embryo from which it derives. Sprouted foods have been part of the diet of many ancient races for thousands of years. Even to this day, the Chinese retain their fame for delicious mung bean sprouts. Sprouts provide all essential vitamins and minerals. They should form a vital component of our diet. Sprouting requires no constant care but only an occasional sprinkling of water.