Try our FREE Juice Detox!
TYLER FLORENCE’S (SKINNY) ARNOLD PALMER DRINK
Spring has sprung! We’re tired of the cold and wearing layers and are yearning for warm weather’s tastiest beverage…the Skinny Arnold Palmer! It’s just like the one you loved from childhood, delicious lemonade and brewed tea in one awesome glass that reminds us all that summer is around the corner. When we saw this on the Food Network by Tyler Florence, we knew we had to try it! This time, we removed the crazy sugar content and replaced it with homemade Stevia Simple Syrup. All the fun, none of the guilt! REFILL PLEASE! Grab your Blendtec or Vitamix to easily crush ice and make this simple Arnold Palmer concoction, and then sip a glass and and think about the awesome memories you’re going to make this season.
- 4 English breakfast tea bags
- 1 tea kettle filled with boiling water
- 1 cup Stevia Simple Syrup recipe follows
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup water
- 3 heaping teaspoon of Stevia powder
- Tie the tea bags together attached to the handle of a large pitcher. Pour the hot water over the tea bags and into the pitcher. Set aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Add Stevia to warm water and stir until dissolved (or just add it to room temperature water and shake vigorously)
- Add the Stevia Simple Syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and ice cubes
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increases to speed 10/High and blend for 20 seconds to puree.
- For Blendtec: Use ICE CRUSH setting OR manual Speed 4 for 20-25 seconds until pureed.
- Place the mixture into the freezer until the tea has finished steeping.
- Add ice cubes to a large glass and top with the tea. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the "lemonade" into the glass. (Our tester liked 2 scoops for the perfect lemonade flavor!)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
This Skinny Arnold Palmer recipe uses English Breakfast tea that provides amino acid L-theanine, which can help calm reduce anxiety and boosts the brain’s alpha-waves. Tea has also been proven to help with relaxation and can help reduce the constriction of blood vessels. Lemon is a proven wonder food and helps aid in everything from better digestion, clearer skin and improved weight loss to reduced inflammation and inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria.