Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ EURO NUT SMOOTHIE SHAKE RECIPE
This Dr. Oz Euro Nut Smoothie recipe is perfect as a fulfilling breakfast shake or a post workout snack.
We LOVE ways to use our healthy and nutritious raw cacao! We have tried making this protein rich nutty smoothie with both hazelnut butter and chocolate hazelnut butter which is a MUCH HEALTHIER version than super-high-sugar Nutella (it’s the FIRST ingredient!!), and both were equally tasty!
However we did like the chocolate hazelnut a little more, and definitely have found more uses for it!
This euro nut smoothie is not very sweet, so add more Stevia or for added fiber, use soaked & pitted dates to your taste.
The optional flax seeds give this smoothie an extra nutty flavor, we omit them most of the time to taste more of the chocolate… but if you need an added boost of fiber you can grind flax seeds in your high power blender and add a tablespoon or more.
We LOVE Dr. Oz Recipes!
Swimwear by: Brass Monkey Swimwear
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or other milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 dates or Stevia to taste
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hazelnut butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder ,ideally chocolate flavor
- 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed optional
- 1 to 2 cups ice
- Place all the ingredients into the jar
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button OR blend on a Medium speed for 40-50 seconds.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10/high. Blend for 45 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Use 2 Cups of Ice for a thicker milkshake texture, and 1 Cup for a smoothie
RAW CACAO HEALTH BENEFITS
Aa rich source of antioxidant flavonoids, raw cacao promotes cardiovascular health and protect against toxins.
The antioxidant flavonoids in raw cacao can help improve circulation, regular heartbeat and blood pressure.
Additionally, they help the body repair itself and resist free-radical toxins.
Raw cacao is most known for being a superfood that is a rich source of antioxidants, but it is also filled with a number of other beneficial nutrients.
As a rich source of manganese, raw cacao helps oxygenate the blood.
Raw cacao is also a rich source of magnesium, which helps in balancing brain chemistry.
It is also rich in sulfur, which builds strong nails and hair, and promotes beautiful skin. (Source: Livestrong)