Try our FREE Juice Detox!
ACAI RASPBERRY FREEZE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This Acai Raspberry Freeze smoothie recipe is layered with fruity goodness and it’s a perfect introduction to acai! It’s good as a snack or an enticing breakfast, and enticing way to stay Raw Till Four! We recommend trying this as a post workout smoothie as well. The coconut water blended with the bananas makes this a perfect cool down treat! Best of all, it’s like having 2 smoothies in 1! Blend it in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender to pulverize those raspberry seeds and bananas for a thick and creamy smoothie. Enjoy the strong, distinct flavors of the bananas and berries in each layer. This layered smoothie recipe gives you a double taste sensation that you won’t regret! And let’s not forget the big boost of antioxidants and vitamins you get from the acai and raspberries.
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 tablespoons Acai berries or frozen puree* OR 1 Tbsp Acai Powder
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen) - reserve a few for garnish
- 4 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped (or your favorite nut) - optional
- Add 1 cup coconut water then add acai berries and raspberries to your blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP** button
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend until smooth, approximately 1 minutes or until smooth.
- Add 2 frozen bananas.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend until smooth, approximately 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glass or mason jar.
- Add the remaining cup of coconut water to your blender jar then add 2 frozen bananas and repeat blending steps.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button, stop machine when smooth and still thick.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend until smooth but still thick, approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour in glass or mason jar, atop the first layer.
- Top with blueberries, nuts and leftover whole raspberries. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** The SOUP/HOT button is more powerful and is best for grinding berry seeds
BLENDER BABE RECIPE NOTES
The 2 distinct layers makes this smoothie unique that’s why we recommend quickly rinsing out your Blendtec or Vitamix blender jar in between layers. If you want the consistency of your layers to be thicker, try adding a couple cubes of ice or adding in some Maca powder or any powder of your choice!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT ACAI
Everyone is aware of the acai craze and for a good reason– acai is really good for you. The super-fruit is high in antioxidants and omegas-3, 6 and 9. It can aide in weight loss, speed up your metabolism, and keep your brain sharp!
Grown on Acai Palms, these dark colored berries are grown mostly in Northern South America and are one of the most economically important products for the river delta of the Amazon. Because of their growing popularity and limited grove space, acai is often times expensive or hard to find. When USDA organic/free trade acai is nowhere to be found, don’t fret! Grab some blueberries or tart cherries! They have the same, if not more antioxidants than acai and are just as delicious!