Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Juice Detox!
ACAI RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This Acai Raspberry smoothie recipe is layered with fruity goodness and it’s a perfect introduction to acai!
It’s perfect as a snack or an enticing breakfast smoothie!
I also recommend trying this as a post-workout smoothie as well.
The coconut water blended with the bananas makes this a perfect cool down treat!
Best of all, it’s like having 2 smoothies in 1!
Blend it in a high powered blender to really pulverize those raspberry seeds and use frozen bananas for a thick and creamy smoothie.
Enjoy the strong, distinct flavors of the bananas and berries in each layer.
This layered smoothie recipe gives you a double taste sensation that you won’t regret!
And let’s not forget the big boost of antioxidants and vitamins you get from the acai and raspberries.
When USDA organic/free trade acai is nowhere to be found, don’t fret!
Grab some blueberries or tart cherries! They have the same, if not more antioxidants than acai and are just as delicious!
Tell us if you enjoyed this Acai Raspberry Freeze in the comments below and share your rating with us if you try this recipe!
Be sure to join our community for more great healthy smoothie recipes!
Acai Raspberry Freeze
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 tablespoons Acai berries or frozen puree* OR 1 Tbsp Acai Powder
- 1 cup raspberries ,fresh or frozen - reserve a few for garnish
- 4 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons almonds chopped (or your favorite nut) - optional
- Add 1 cup coconut water then add acai berries and raspberries to your blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Press the 90 second or SOUP** button
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend until smooth, approximately 1 minutes or until smooth.
- Add 2 frozen bananas.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend until smooth, approximately 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glass or mason jar.
- Add the remaining cup of coconut water to your blender jar then add 2 frozen bananas and repeat blending steps.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button, stop machine when smooth and still thick.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend until smooth but still thick, approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour in glass or mason jar, atop the first layer.
- Top with blueberries, nuts and leftover whole raspberries. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** The SOUP/HOT button is more powerful and is best for grinding berry seeds
BLENDER BABE RECIPE NOTES
“The 2 distinct layers makes this smoothie unique that’s why I recommend quickly rinsing out your Blendtec or Vitamix blender jar in between layers. If you want the consistency of your layers to be thicker, try adding a couple cubes of ice or adding in some Maca powder or any powder of your choice!”
ACAI HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
Everyone is aware of the acai craze and for a good reason– acai is really good for you. The super-fruit is high in antioxidants and omegas-3, 6 and 9. It can aide in weight loss, speed up your metabolism, and keep your brain sharp!
Grown on Acai Palms, these dark colored berries are grown mostly in Northern South America and are one of the most economically important products for the river delta of the Amazon. Because of their growing popularity and limited grove space, acai is often times expensive or hard to find.
19 thoughts on “Acai Raspberry Freeze Smoothie”
Sounds wonderful but I don’t like the taste of coconut. Does coconut water actually taste like coconut? Is there a substitute?
Coconut water definitely has a coconut taste. You can substitute with regular water if you like. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Everything that is good for you is in this Acai Raspberry Freeze recipe even the coconut water. What a wonderful afternoon pick-me-up – DIVINE ♥
This looks Ah-Amazing!! The raspberries, the creaminess. Yum. I can almost taste it.
yum um………. looks delish. the ingredients sounds wonderful together.
Yes Norma it’s really great combo 🙂
i love the addition of the almonds!
Us too! Our testers used whatever crushed nuts they had on had. Fun to play with! Happy Blending Elizabeth 🙂
Has all my favorite berries and coconut water! What’s not to love?
Sounds delicious. Got to go look for my can of coconut water now.
because raspberries are delicious! This looks so so so good!
Love raspberries.. and bananas.
Combined together- then it must be heaven!!
Heaven in a mason jar! 🙂
i would definitely try this recipe because firstly i LOVE coconut water – and especially i love coco in combination with berries and banana – and secondly i also love acai! i’m a big fan of using superfoods in my daily smoothies or breakfasts!! 🙂
Perfect!! We love all of the above too!! The Acai adds the perfect superfood touch and since we don’t have to use a whole Acai frozen packet we can make several batches. 😉
Love the coconut water idea. we have some that i would love to use for a smoothie!!! could almond flour work vs puree of almonds?
Probably Jodi! Honestly you don’t really need it. The chopped nuts are more of a garnish if you like a little crunch. 🙂 We put some coconut flakes on it and it was YUMMM!
Looks amazing! Saving for summer…
Right!! We tested it when it was cold out and it was still SOOOO good! 🙂