Try our FREE Juice Detox!
PUMPKIN MOCHA CUSTARD DESSERT LOW CARB HIGH PROTEIN
Like pumpkin pie? Then you’ll love this decadent and surprisingly lean pumpkin mocha custard!
Pure pumpkin is combined with creamy mascarpone cheese and fragrant spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
Vanilla and mocha (or chocolate!) protein powders not only add metabolism-boosting protein, but also thicken and flavor the custard.
Topped with whipped cream and crushed dark chocolate is the perfect final touch.
This deliciously balanced low-carb dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth and help you to burn fat, boost your metabolism and feel your best all season long.
Don’t have mascarpone cheese? Don’t fret!
Try this great mascarpone cheese substitution, which was tested by one of our recipe testers and it worked beautifully!
She made 1/4 the recipe below which was the perfect amount for this recipe – it was a small amount which worked in the Blendtec Twister Jar, but you can also combine by hand in a small bowl.
Mascarpone Cheese Substitution Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons butter OR sour cream
You can quickly whip this up in a high power blender or a regular blender!
Pumpkin Mocha Custard with Whipped Cream & Choklat CrunchPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Mocha preferred OR Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 dashes nutmeg
- 4 dashes allspice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- ¼ heaping cup mascarpone cheese OR sub with 2 ounce cream cheese + 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream + 1/2 Tablespoon butter/sour cream
- 3 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Real light whipped cream
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chopped into very small pieces OR raw cacao nibs AND/OR raw chocolate syrup
- Place all the ingredients into the blender jar and secure lid.
- If using a power blender, blend on medium to medium-high speed until well combined (a little longer if using a regular blender)
- Put in separate dessert dishes and chill overnight.
- Serve with a big dollop of real light whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed chocolate or nibs.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN
Not only is fall’s signature squash pumpkin versatile enough to be used in breads, pies, raviolis, and even pumpkin beer, it also packs some powerful healthy perks — like how it keeps heart health, vision and waistlines in check… as long as you take it easy on the pie! 🙂 Below are just a few of its impressive health benefits:
A cup of cooked, mashed pumpkin contains more than 200 percent of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin A, which aids vision in dim light.
Pumpkin is an often-overlooked source of fiber.
Touting three grams per one-cup serving, it can keep you feeling full for longer on fewer calories.
A fiber-rich diet helps people eat less, and thereby shed pounds.
Nuts and seeds, including those of pumpkins, are naturally rich in phytosterols, Phytosterols been shown in studies to reduce LDL or “bad” cholesterol.