Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
VEGAN VANILLA LIME GREEN SMOOTHIE
Green, probiotic, and delicious! This recipe tastes like sunshine and looks a meadow, look at that, it’s spring in a smoothie! Made with sweet honey and tart lime, you may even think this protein packed smoothie is a dessert recipe! Add to that the fact that it is made in a snap with a Vitamix or Blendtec blender, it’s perfect for an on-the-go breakfast smoothie. Of course you can also make this in a regular blender.
Once your tongue returns to it’s resting place in your palate, be certain to become a Blender Babe community member for more delicious healthy smoothie recipes. Plus, share your rating with us if you try this one at home! We love to get your feedback! 🙂
- 1/2 cup milk substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain soy or coconut yogurt
- 1 cup kale, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 banana, best frozen
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice
- In order listed, place all ingredients in container.
- For Blendtec: Use the SMOOTHIE Setting.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 second or use the SMOOTHIE Setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEATH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Drinking this entire vegan green smoothie recipe will provide 213% of your RDA of Vitamin A, 167% of Vitamin C and 43.8% of Vitamin B-6 as well as 52.6% calcium. Providing they have not been pasteurized out, yogurt is full of beneficial cultures, known commonly as probiotics, which help aid in digestion and regularity. Spinach is full of key nutrients such as vitamin c and iron, and an extremely high percentage of potassium. Calorie for calorie, leafy greens like spinach provide much more nutrients than other high caloric foods. Nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin C, even manganese, are all highly available in spinach.