Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
WENDY’S SUPER GREEN AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
This delicious green smoothie is super thick and creamy, thanks to 1/2 an avocado. Avocado provides lots of beautifying healthy fats as well as provides a smoothie-like texture without the banana.
If you don’t have a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender, not to worry, just add a little more liquid and review how to make green smoothies with a regular blender.
Be sure to join our community for more green smoothie recipes. If you try this recipe be sure to include your thoughts in rating section below! We love to know what you think.
Wendy's Super Green Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup 8 ounces of your favorite milk substitute (sweetened or non-sweetened)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 of a avocado
- 1 green apple cored & halved
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango and/or pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger optional
- 2 cups ice less if using frozen fruit
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS
Avocados have 35% more potassium than a banana and contain more natural fiber than any other fruit, which aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar.
They also contain heart-healthy oleic acid which improves your cardiovascular system, add Vitamin B6 and folic acid which help prevent heart disease.
They also contain the master antioxidant “Glutathione” which boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
20 thoughts on “Wendy’s Super Green Avocado Smoothie”
Loved this one…I had it after a workout…perfect! Ginger made it for me:) 9/10
Great taste. I’m still a little weird about the texture of the avocado in the smoothie, but overall enjoyed it. I think next time, I’ll add a squirt of lemon too. 🙂
Yes I did! I would tell more people about it!
Real good! I give it a 5 star if that is the highest? LOL