Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
WENDY’S SUPER GREEN AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
This delicious green smoothie is super thick and creamy, thanks to 1/2 an avocado. Avocado provides lots of beautifying healthy fats as well as provides a smoothie-like texture without the banana.
If you don’t have a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender, not to worry, just add a little more liquid and review how to make green smoothies with a regular blender.
- 1 cup 8 ounces of your favorite milk substitute (sweetened or non-sweetened)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 of a avocado
- 1 green apple cored & halved
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango and/or pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger optional
- 2 cups ice less if using frozen fruit
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS
Avocados have 35% more potassium than a banana and contain more natural fiber than any other fruit, which aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar.
They also contain heart-healthy oleic acid which improves your cardiovascular system, add Vitamin B6 and folic acid which help prevent heart disease.
They also contain the master antioxidant “Glutathione” which boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.