Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
BROCCOLI HEMP SLAW WITH TANGY MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE
Next time you have to bring a dish to a potluck, we recommend this flavorful broccoli hemp slaw salad. The longer the ingredients marinate, the better they taste, and it’s packed with super-nutritious RAW broccoli and cauliflower, protein-packed hemp seeds and apple cider vinegar, which boasts tons of detoxing benefits. This dish is similar to traditional broccoli salads, but without the added fat and sugar from mayonnaise and other additives. Just process the broccoli and cauliflower into a slaw with either you r Blendtec or Vitamix, or a food processor, then whip up the dressing!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small or 1/2 large red or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 small or 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s or Tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax olive, or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower 1 cup at a time in your Blendtec or Vitamix (or food processor) and roughly process, chopping any remaining large pieces with a knife.
- For Blendtec: Use the PULSE button 2 times to chop, empty into large salad bowl and repeat with remaining broccoli and cauliflower.
- For Vitamix: Start on Speed 10/High and turn machine on and off several times until chopped OR use the PULSE feature. Empty into large salad bowl and repeat.
- Place Braggs, oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and curry powder in blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Starting on Variable Speed 1, ramp up to Variable Speed 10/HIGH, for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Transfer broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, raisins and hemp seed to a large bowl, mix thoroughly. Pour dressing over mixture and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Though protein may not be the first nutrient that comes to mind when preparing a veggie-packed, raw, broccoli salad, this dish is packed with it! Broccoli has both vitamin A and vitamin K, which strengthen both bones and the immune system, and it’s a great source of vitamin D, a common nutrient deficiency.
The most nutritious way to eat broccoli is steamed – when broccoli is steamed it releases extra compounds and nutritive qualities – but raw is a great alternative, especially for people with high cholesterol.