Get FREE eBooks/Downloads for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE
The delicate flavors of cucumber and watermelon go hand in hand to create a sweet-and-savory chilled watermelon gazpacho recipe that was inspired by an abundance of watermelons from a farm on the island.
Wow your guests with this healthy and refreshing soup by Alexis Wolfer from her book Recipe for Radiance.
Served chilled, watermelon gazpacho is perfect as a first course on a hot night.
Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency.
Lycopene, found in cooked tomatoes and watermelon, helps defend against sun damage – and might even help both prevent and treat skin cancer, according to the American Cancer Society.
Keep this gazpacho in your refrigerator all summer long for a skin healing soup that’s as refreshing as it is healing.
Watermelon GazpachoPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 vine tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups watermelon seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and divided
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- On medium heat, saute tomatoes in the oil until fork tender.
- Transfer to your blender jar.
- Add watermelon, garlic, lime juice, almonds, paprika and half of the cucumber.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed #1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10/HIGH and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add salt to taste and cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
- Stir in the diced onion.
- Thinly slice the remaining cucumber and top soup with slices.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
WATERMELON HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
Watermelon can be a wise addition to diets with their array of vitamins and minerals.
They are good sources of vitamins A and C, B vitamins, carbohydrates, potassium, and antioxidants.
They also contain amino acids which can help keep arteries and blood flow to our hearts in fine order. If you’re looking for fresh ways to upgrade your health, watermelons will be a mouth watering and intelligent choice.
Lycopene and vitamin A are excellent nutrients for improving the health of our eyes.
Watermelons actually contain a higher source of lycopene than any other fruit or vegetable.
They can achieve improving our sight by preventing macular degeneration and other problems that can arise with our eyes.
It is important to maintain our levels of these nutrients as we age so we can keep our vision lasting and healthy.
Excerpted & Image from Recipe For Radiance by Alexis Wolfer.