Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ENTER TO WIN OUR VEGA GIVEAWAY!!
We are using Rafflecopter, a reputable resource for online giveaways. In a few easy steps you will be entered in a drawing to win Vega Protein Products of your choice! FIVE (5) WINNERS will each receive one 10-12 packet box of either Vega Sport, Vega One, OR Vega Smoothie – in the flavor of choice! There are two required simple steps to enter, along with several ways to get more entries including a few you can do EVERY DAY!
Contest open worldwide. If you are outside of the USA, you are welcome to enter, however instead of the prizes, you will receive an Amazon E-Mail Gift Card for the retail value. :)a Rafflecopter giveaway
COOKIES AND CREAM RECOVERY SMOOTHIE
Ideal for strength athletes in pursuit of building lean mass, this cookies and cream recovery smoothie from Thrive Energy Cookbook is a delicious way to feed your fatigued muscles while reducing inflammation and oxidative damage to your cells. Popularized at the “Thrive Energy Lab” by those who just spent themselves at the gym, this is guaranteed to fill you up and keep you going through hard and light workouts alike. Use a high speed blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency.
Remember to join our community for more nutritious appetizers and recipes from Blender Babes! If you try this recipe, share your thoughts by rating it in comments section below! We love to get your feedback!! Happy Blending!!x
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs*
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups ice
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except the ice. Add ice to about 1 inch above the liquid line. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button (2x) or use your highest manual speed and blend until smoothe.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed #10/HIGH. Blend until desired consistency is reached, about 1 min 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABE RECIPE NOTES
For this recovery smoothie, try different nut butters for a different flavor or if it’s what you have on hand! Out of nut butter? Don’t fret, you can also double the amount of cashews instead! Try adding half the cacao nibs, chocolate chips, and cashews after you have blended smooth, and pulsing to break into little pieces, if you enjoy a “chunky” cookies and cream smoothie! If you aren’t vegan any chocolate chips will do, or try using 1/4 of your favorite dark chocolate bar. This smoothie recipe is great for recovery after an extra strenuous workout, however if you didn’t exercise very hard (or at all!), due to the high calorie & fat content you might consider cutting this recipe in half – or use it as a meal replacement smoothie. No Vega Sport protein? No problem, try it with any vanilla protein powder (note it might not have the BCAAs and Glutamine for muscle recovery).
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CASHEWS
Cashews are the plant-based athlete’s best friend! They contain a whopping 31% of your recommended daily value of copper, 23% manganese, 20% magnesium, 17% phosphorus, and 12% vitamin K! That means they’re great for fighting free radicals, helping you get a great night’s sleep (also great for recovery), in addition to adding some healthy fats and protein to your diet! This smoothie tastes way too good to be this healthy — preventing heart disease, lowering blood pressure, and strengthening your bones, just to name a few of it’s awesome health benefits!
Excerpt and image with permission from Thrive Energy Cookbook by Brendan Brazier. Publisher: Penguin Canada