Check out our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
PINK GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This smoothie may be pink, but don’t be fooled – it’s really a healthy, green smoothie in disguise! Vitamin C packed strawberries are what make this smoothie a luscious pink. With clover sprouts added to the mix, this beautiful creation is also a powerhouse of nutrients. The lemon has detox/cleansing properties, but it’s sweet thanks to the vanilla and honey. Tahini makes this green smoothie filling to get your through your day, or as a protein rich post-workout smoothie. This raw smoothie was created by Linda Wooliever for Vitamix. Try it and let us know what you think!
Pink (Green) SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup tahini raw or regular
- 2 bananas fresh or frozen, peeled
- 1/2 lemon peeled, seeded
- 1 cup strawberries or raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup clover sprouts or other sprouts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or scrape 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- Drizzle of honey to taste
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STRAWBERRIES AND CLOVER SPROUTS
Strawberries are the most popular berry in the world for good reason! They are juicy, sweet, fragrant, easy to eat, and they look like little hearts. Wild strawberries have grown for millennia: The ancient Romans enjoyed them, and during the Middle Ages people valued them for medicinal and dietary reasons.
Strawberries are a source of various phytonutrients. The anthocyanins are potent antioxidants that help protect the body’s organs against cell damage. The combination of high vitamin C content and phytonutrients makes strawberries a good choice for preventing and fighting bacterial, viral, and fungal infections such as colds, flu, and ear infections.
Clover sprouts are the newly emerged plants from clover seeds. Many people eat clover sprouts for their mild taste, nutritional benefits, and anti-cancer properties. They add them to salads and sandwiches and other healthy low fat recipes. We like to puree them into green smoothies! They contain vitamins A, E, and K, among others, and small amounts of calcium, iron, and other minerals. Like many plant-based foods, clover sprouts are extremely low in calories and high in fiber, which makes them a filling option for dieters.