Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
MUST HAVE MANGO SALSA RECIPE
Served with chips as a snack or the way our Blender Babes Recipe Tester Theresa enjoyed it – on top of tilapia or chicken* – this low calorie mango salsa recipe is a must try! With only five ingredients, this spicy and fruity dip is quick and super easy to make in your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender. For a little added flavor, add protein-rich black beans or some heart-healthy avocado. We love the huge dose of Vitamin C you get with this. Bring the taste of the tropics to your home or party with this healthy and fresh mango salsa recipe! Have any mangoes leftover? Try this oh so tasty and tropical mango daiquiri recipe!
- 2 semi-ripe mangos chunks peeled or unpeeled
- 1 cup 16 g fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion peeled, (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 jalapeno halved, seeded OR red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice OR lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: PULSE 4 times.
- For Vitamix: Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
*To use as a sauce over fish or chicken, cover with salsa and bake as directed, reserving some of the fresh salsa on the side.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MANGOES
Mangoes have been enjoyed by people of many cultures for 4,000 years and are believed to have originated in the foothills of the Himalayas. They were then carried to the Middle East and Africa by Persian traders eventually being traded into the West Indies and Brazil. Mangoes are so beloved in India that though they are the largest producer, now, they export very few because the fruit is so loved by its people.
Mangoes can aid in digestion and heartburn. They also contain many polyphenols that have potent antioxidant and anticancer properties. Mangoes have high fiber that can help prevent constipation, diarrhea, and hemorrhoids. Mangoes also have a significant amount of beta-carotene, which may help prevent and/or treat acne, the common cold, ear infections, eczema, gingivitis and psoriasis.