Enter our latest Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE GOJI BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This vegan chocolate goji berry green smoothie is a superfood packed smoothie that’s just as much a treat as it is a breakfast shake!
The first time I made this, I gave it an extra superfood boost by making fresh hemp milk substitute from 1/2 cup water and 1 Tablespoon of hemp seeds and blending it before the other ingredients.
I also had to soak the goji berries for a good 30 minutes to get them soft enough!
This was before I owned a Vitamix high powered blender, and when I made this again it was SO EASY since I didn’t have to pre-blend the hemp milk or soak the goji berries.
If you try this recipe, be sure to share your your opinion with our tribe by rating it in the comments below.
- 1/2 cup milk substitute
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tablespoon goji berries*
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon goji powder optional, but really enhances the goji flavor
- Stevia to taste ~3 drops
- 1 cup ice more if using all fresh fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
**Optional ingredients are not included in nutritional information
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GOJI BERRIES AND RAW CACAO
The goji berry is also called the wolfberry.
These not-as-common berries have been used to treat many common health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and even fever.
We see why these are called a “superfood”.
Some studies of goji berry juice found amazing health benefits that include calmness, mental well-being, improved athletic performance, better quality of sleep, and feelings of happiness and good health.
Raw Cacao increases blood flow to the brain as well as to the heart, so it can help improve cognitive function.
It also helps reduce risk of stroke.
Raw cacao contains several chemical compounds that have a positive effect on your mood and cognitive health.
One is phenylethylamine (PEA), the same chemical your brain creates when you feel like you’re falling in love.
PEA encourages your brain to release endorphins, so eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier.