Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
FROZEN LEMONADE ITALIAN ICE SLUSHIE RECIPE
This Italian ice frozen lemonade slushie is the perfect refresher on a hot day. Even better, it’s much healthier than the gas station versions, which are loaded with artificial sweeteners. This sweet frozen treat is low calorie, is made with fresh fruit, and this is sure to be a hit with the kids! A refreshing iced frozen lemonade slushy is always a winner on those hot summer days! We kept the strawberry stems on for added nutrition, easily pulverized with your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender!
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup lemonade powder
- 1 to 3 strawberries optional
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CRUSH button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
It is believed that lemonade was originally created by the medieval Egyptians over 1500 years ago. Years later, in 1873, the popular pink version was, according to legend, accidentally invented at a circus stand in New Jersey. One of the female bareback riders hung her red tights to dry precariously close to Billie Griffith’s brewing batch of lemonade. A strong wind blew the tights into the lemonade and tinted it pink. With crowds already arriving, Billie was forced to serve his pink-tinted lemonade. (Source: Yumsugar)