Check out our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
THE LAUGHING GORILLA GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Gorillas are mostly vegetarian, and we’re pretty sure one would absolutely LOVE this nutritious green smoothie recipe!
It’s the perfect mix of greens and fruit, and one Blender Babes’ favorites!
Warning: consumption of this smoothie may result in spontaneously occurring, extremely contagious gorilla laughter.
Tell us what you think in the comments below and rating this recipe!
- 3/4-1 cup filtered OR coconut water
- 1 orange peeled, halved, seeded
- 1/4 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 banana ripe, peeled, frozen
- 1/2 mango pitted, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey or other sweetener depending on ripeness of fruit
- 1 cup ice
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Makes approx. 6 cups. Use Blendtec Wildside Jar or Vitamix 64oz jar. Halve recipe for smaller jars.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ORANGES
When it comes to popular fruit, oranges come in near the top of the list even outdistancing their nearest competitors-tomatoes, bananas, and apples-when it comes to Vitamin C content.
Indeed, some say oranges are the poster child for this vitamin.
Herperidin, a much researched phytonutrient found in oranges, is known to support the reduction of high blood pressure, cholesterol, and inflammation associated with arthritis, asthma, fibromyalgia, and heart disease.
Nearly fifty studies show that a diet high in citrus provides a forty to fifty percent reduced risk of cancer of the esophagus, stomach, mouth, larynx, and pharynx.
Orange peels are said to lower cholesterol more effectively than some prescription drugs.
Go ahead and drop them in the blender with this recipe and make use of this medicine normally thrown out with the trash.