Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Get FREE eBooks and Downloads for Your Health! Click Here
POMEGRANATE BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Not your average breakfast smoothie, this Pomegranate Berry Smoothie recipe is a delicious and super healthy way to start your day!
Loaded with antioxidants from the pomegranate and berries and protein from cottage cheese or yogurt, this pomegranate berry smoothie is a perfect on-the-go meal or snack that you can quickly and easily make any time of day.
Just throw all the ingredients in your high powered blender, which will easily pulverize those pomegranate seeds and frozen fruit, and be on your way!
This nutritious smoothie provides 39% daily value of Vitamin C and 18% daily value of Potassium.
Definitely a berry smoothie recipe will have you feeling amazingly energized!
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy blender recipes. Share your rating with our community if you try this recipe at home.
Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup water , more if needed
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese OR vegan yogurt
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds OR 3/4 cup juice (if using juice only use 1/2 cup water)
- 1 banana , medium
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ice only if using all fresh berries
- Place all ingredients into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Select VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10 then flip to high. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
POMEGRANATE HEALTH BENEFITS
Pomegranates are as good for you as they are delicious! This exotic fruit has been thought to hold legendary powers.
Persians have believed that the pomegranate was the forbidden fruit Eve plucked from the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden and in Ancient Egypt, the dead were buried with pomegranates that were thought to offer eternal life.
Pomegranates are packed with antioxidants, which prevent hardening of the arteries, buffer the effects of free radical damage to your cells caused by oxidation.
Consuming pomegranate seeds and juice can increase oxygen levels to the heart, and may even help reduce inflammation from arthritis and help fight erectile dysfunction.