Try our FREE Juice Detox!
POMEGRANATE BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Not your average breakfast smoothie, this Pomegranate Berry Smoothie recipe is a delicious and super healthy way to start your day! Loaded with antioxidants from the pomegranate and berries and protein from cottage cheese, this smoothie is a perfect on the go meal or snack that you can quickly and easily make in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender. Just throw all the ingredients in your high powered blender, and be on your way! This nutritious smoothie provides 39% daily value of Vitamin C and 18% daily value of Potassium. This pomegranate and berry smoothie will have you feeling amazingly energized!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups ice (if using fresh berries)
- Place all ingredients into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10 then flip to high. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF POMEGRANATES
Pomegranates are as good for you as they are delicious! This exotic fruit has been thought to hold legendary powers. Persians have believed that the pomegranate was the forbidden fruit Eve plucked from the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden and in Ancient Egypt, the dead were buried with pomegranates that were thought to offer eternal life. Pomegranates are packed with antioxidants, which prevent hardening of the arteries, buffer the effects of free radical damage to your cells caused by oxidation. Consuming pomegranate seeds and juice can increase oxygen levels to the heart, and may even help reduce inflammation from arthritis and help fight erectile dysfunction.