Join Our Free Smoothie Challenges!
APPLE MOTINI GREEN JUICE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This apple motini green juice smoothie recipe is light and refreshing.
The cucumber is extra hydrating so it’s a perfect afternoon pick-me-up when you need a little more energy, or as a pre-workout snack.
This easy, low calorie green juice may just become one of your favorite Go-To green smoothies for its simplicity and great taste.
It’s high fiber and low sugar, making this green juice a great option for diabetics as well.
Cucumber and apple are part of the dirty dozen, so if you can’t buy organic just be sure to use a good pesticide cleaner.
It is sweet but not too sweet and the hint of mint and lime give it a beautiful flavor that invokes memories of a Friday night martini version, but without the hangover!
If you don’t have a power blender, not to worry here are tips for making green smoothies with a regular blender.
If you try this recipe, please share your thoughts with our community by rating it in comments section below.
- 1 cup spring or filtered water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cucumbers
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1/2 lime rind removed
- 2 small to medium apples cored (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP button or blend on HIGH for 90 seconds (it will not get cold due to the ice!).
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CUCUMBERS
Composed of 95 percent water, cucumbers keep the body hydrated and also helps the body eliminate toxins.
Surprisingly cucumbers have almost all of the vitamins your body needs in a single day!
The skin contains most of the nutrition of the cucumber including a large amount of vitamin C – so be sure to buy organic and leave it on or wash the pesticides off with a special wash.
Cucumber juice contains a hormone that is needed by your pancreas cells to produce insulin, which has been found to be beneficial to patients with diabetes.
Cucumbers contain fiber, potassium, and magnesium.
These work to regulate blood pressure making cucumbers a natural way to help treat both low and high blood pressure.