Try our FREE Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ KEEPIN’ IT SMOOTH PROTEIN BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This vegan high-protien breakfast smoothie recipe proves Dr. Oz is still the Smoothie King!
He has a healthy smoothie recipe for every occasion – weight loss and detox, and everyday meal replacements.
This peachy protein breakfast smoothie will get you started in the morning with healthy fats, a generous dose of protein from plant based protein powder as well as hemp seeds, and good natural sugars to get you going.
This is a great smoothie for any type of Detox Diet Plan!
This protein smoothie would also be great after a hard muscle building workout.
If you can, grind your own flax seeds to optimize their nutritional benefits if you add this optional ingredient (note: it changes the flavor a bit).
Whip this up in the snap in your high-powered blender!
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy smoothie recipes the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups unsweetened almond milk depending on what texture you like
- 1 avocado
- 5 ounces frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 2 dates pits removed
- 2 heaping tbsp vanilla plant-based protein powder such as Vega One
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed optional
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HEMP SEEDS
Hemp seeds provide an amazing array of health benefits!
Hemp protein contains all the required proteins in optimal proportions and is a complete source of all 20 known amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs), which our body can’t produce. Hemp seeds are a more easily digestible protein than meat, cheese, eggs, human and cow’s milk, or any other high protein food.
The 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) in the oil of these seeds is thought the be the best in nature for promoting cellular health, and contain plant sterols which may help reduce the risk of colon and prostate cancer.
In addition, hemp seeds contain gamma linolenic acid (GLA), antioxidants, fiber, iron, calcium, vitamins B1, B2, B6, D, E, magnesium, potassium, and more! These little seeds are super seeds!