Try our FREE Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
LOW CALORIE CANTALOUPE GRAPE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This cantaloupe grape green smoothie is the perfect low calorie snack or pre-workout smoothie.
Cinnamon is a superfood that’s tasty, affordable, and full of health benefits, including helping to regulate blood sugar, which is why we love adding this spice to smoothies.
Just remember, a little bit goes a long way!
The color of this recipe will vary depending on the type of grapes, cantaloupe and greens you use.
You can use green or red grapes (we prefer red grapes since they have heart healthy resveratrol in the skin) however grapes are on the dirty dozen list so buy organic if you can.
One serving of this recipe has 606 mg of potassium to help repair muscles, and also boasts more than your daily RDA of Vitamin A and C!
Blender Babes Hint: Try freezing your cantaloupe for this recipe, it gives your green smoothie a nice frosty texture!
Cantaloupe Grape Green SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup grapes green or red
- 1/2 orange
- 1.5 cups cantaloupe
- 1 cup bok choy OR spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice omit if using frozen fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed until smooth, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CANTALOUPE
Melons, such as watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe, all contribute to this daily fruit intake.
Cantaloupe offers specific health benefits thanks to its nutrient content.
Vitamin A: Vitamin A in your system helps maintain healthy tissues, contributing to bone maintenance, functional retinas, skin cell growth and a strong immune system
Vitamin C: Vitamin C protects your cells from oxidative damage, also known as the development of cancers
Potassium: Potassium helps support your metabolism, activating enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates into usable fuel for your cells.
(We LOVE and provide lots of high potassium recipes for this reason!)