Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
A green smoothie with a chocolate raspberry flavor is a like a little piece of heaven. Who knew a green smoothie could taste sooooo good?! We almost consider this a dessert smoothie, and have even made it when we were craving something sweet rather than some unhealthy junk food. The tasty chocolate raspberry flavors mask the tastes of the green ingredients of this smoothie when easily made in a high powered blender!
- 1 cup 8 ounces coconut water or filtered water
- 2 cups romaine or spinach
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup pitted dates or more depending on fruit ripeness
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop raw cocoa
- Pinch of Celtic salt
- 1 cup ice if using fresh fruit
- Place all the ingredients in the jar in the order listed.
- For Vitamix: Start on variable speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10/High. Blend until smooth (about 1 minute)
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE Button.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF RASPBERRIES
One of the most fascinating new areas of raspberry research involves the potential for raspberries to improve management of obesity. Although this research is in its early stages, scientists now know that metabolism in our fat cells can be increased by phytonutrients found in raspberries, especially rheosmin (also called raspberry ketone). By increasing enzyme activity, oxygen consumption, and heat production in certain types of fat cells, raspberry phytonutrients like rheosmin may be able to decrease risk of obesity as well as risk of fatty liver. In addition to these benefits, rheosmin can decrease activity of a fat-digesting enzyme released by our pancreas called pancreatic lipase. This decrease in enzyme activity may result in less digestion and absorption of fat.
Recent research on organic raspberries has now shown organic raspberries to be significantly higher in total antioxidant capacity than non-organic raspberries.