Try our FREE Juice Detox!
DR. WEIL’S VEGAN CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
Dr Weil has a new cookbook True Food, which is a #1 New York Times bestseller, and features seasonal, sustainable, simple and pure food recipes that he serves at his True Food Kitchen Restaurants. Of course, Blender Babes LOVES it! This is a rich AND healthy vegan curried cauliflower soup by Dr. Weil that’s super easy to prepare with your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender! It’s good hot or cold and keeps well in the fridge.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into 1-inch pieces
- One 14-ounce can light coconut milk OR 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon evaporated cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Caramelized onions 3 cups onions cooked down with 1 tablespoon expeller pressed canola oil or oil of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Put the cashews and 3/4 cup of water in blender.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 10 then to high. Blend for 1 minute.
- Set the cashew milk aside until needed.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and saute until golden. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, cashew milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the onions and cilantro before serving.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and offers a great deal of health benefits including Vitamin K which has been shown to directly modulate the body’s inflammatory response. Orange Cauliflower has a higher rate of beta-carotene than white so you might want to try when you can find!
Recipe Excerpt from True Food Kitchen with Permission Courtesy of Little, Brown and Company. Photo Credit: Image courtesy of Ditte Isager