Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Juice Detox!
DR. WEIL’S VEGAN CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
Dr Weil has a new cookbook True Food, which is a #1 New York Times bestseller, and features seasonal, sustainable, simple and pure food recipes that he serves at his True Food Kitchen Restaurants. Of course, Blender Babes LOVES it! This is a rich AND healthy vegan curried cauliflower soup by Dr. Weil that’s super easy to prepare with your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender! It’s good hot or cold and keeps well in the fridge.
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender soup recipes and if you try this, let everyone know by rating and sharing it! 🙂
Dr Weil Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into 1-inch pieces
- One 14-ounce can light coconut milk OR 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon evaporated cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Caramelized onions 3 cups onions cooked down with 1 tablespoon expeller pressed canola oil or oil of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Put the cashews and 3/4 cup of water in blender.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 10 then to high. Blend for 1 minute.
- Set the cashew milk aside until needed.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and saute until golden. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, cashew milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the onions and cilantro before serving.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and offers a great deal of health benefits including Vitamin K which has been shown to directly modulate the body’s inflammatory response. Orange Cauliflower has a higher rate of beta-carotene than white so you might want to try when you can find!
Recipe Excerpt from True Food Kitchen with Permission Courtesy of Little, Brown and Company. Photo Credit: Image courtesy of Ditte Isager
2 thoughts on “Dr. Weil Curried Cauliflower Soup”
This soup is very good. I did use a little less curry and turmeric, though – just a personal thing. I am wondering how much, if any, cumin is used in the recipe. While cumin is not included in the ingredients, it is mentioned as one of the spices added in the directions. Thanks for any clarification.
THANK YOU for pointing this out! We have updated the ingredient list with the cumin so it is correct. 🙂 Thanks again for sharing with us, glad you liked it! HAPPY BLENDING!