Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
SUGAR FREE RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE
Cut all the *crap* with this wonderful and fresh hard-to-tell it’s sugar free raspberry jam recipe and spread it on thick! 🙂 This sugar free jam is not only free of all the preservatives and added sugars of traditional jams, but it packs a nutritious punch of protein and Omega’s by using one of our favorite super food, chia seeds! This recipe is great for diabetics and those that try to eat a lower-sugar lifestyle. You can also try it with strawberries or blackberries! This yummy chia seed jam should last about 10 days to 2 weeks in the fridge. Believe us, you will eat it way before that!
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender recipes. Share your rating with us if you try this one at home.
Sugar-Free Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pitted dates softened in water if needed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add coconut water and dates to blender
- For Blendtec: Use SPEED 10 for 10 seconds, or until dates have broken up.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and increase to speed 10 then to high for 10 seconds, or until dates have broken up
- Add chia seeds and 1 cup of the raspberries into the blender.
- For Blendtec: If you blend on high you will get the consistency of a pudding and not the beautiful seedy, chunky look of jam.
- For Vitamix: Start on Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Speed 2 for 5 seconds.
- Now add the second cup of raspberries
- For Blendtec: Press the PULSE button 2 - 3 times to break them up.
- For Vitamix: Blend on Speed 1 for 3 seconds.
- Place this mixture in a glass container and cover in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA
Chia absorbs up to 12 times its own weight and expands to curb your appetite, so adding just an ounce or so of chia seeds to your diet can reduce caloric intake and help lower the energy density (or calories) of foods, plus double the amount of fiber you receive. Contributing to its super-seed status, ounce for ounce, chia seeds have more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon! Chia is one of the most concentrated sources of omega-3 in any food. It also contains high amounts of omega-6. Everyone needs to consume high amounts of these essential fatty acids in their diet, because these EFAs build new cells and regulate various processes of the body, but our bodies cannot make them internally. They also support heart health and beautiful skin, hair and nails. (Source: Dr Oz)
RECIPE TESTER(S): Anna Zell, licensed acupuncturist and nutritional therapist in Oregon, USA.
12 thoughts on “Sugar Free Raspberry Chia Jam”
Could this be made with frozen berries?
I haven’t tried but I imagine it could. I would let them thaw first. 🙂 Let me know how it turns out! ~ Tarashaun
Does this Raspberry Jam freeze well?
Hey Sharon! I actually have never tried freezing it so please let me know how it turns out if you do and I an adjust the post. 🙂 Happy Blending! ~Tarashaun
Hi! 1. Do you need to soak chia seeds before adding them in the jam? 2. Can you can the jam?
Hi and welcome to Blender Babes! You can soak the chia seeds beforehand, but don’t *need* to do that with a high-powered blender (you would, however, if using a regular blender). If you are familiar with canning and sterilization then you could can the jam, but its also delicious fresh!
Hi, Joanne. This recipe doesn't use figs! Those are the chia seeds. Don't substitute them or you'll miss out on all of the nutritional benefits, protein, etc. that are in them! They're a great investment. 🙂 https://www.blenderbabes.com/chia
CAN YOU SUBSTITUTE THE FIGS WITH SOMETHING ELSE?
Great recipe! Do you happen to know the nutritional facts of this jam? Preferably the calorie count? Thanks!
Hello Briana and WELCOME! I don’t know it and so sorry it’s not there now, however we are working on getting nutritional info for ALL recipes by early 2014! 🙂
Great question Paula! I will have to update the recipe to include 🙂 This yummy chia seed jam should last about 10 days to 2 weeks in the fridge. Believe me, you will eat it way before that! 😉 It's soooo yummy! Welcome to Blender Babes! xoxo
Hi, could you tell me how long this jam keeps for….thanks. P