Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
EASY SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS RECIPE
Slightly sweet, with warm, smoky undertones, these sweet potato enchiladas are a healthy dish that you can wrap your Southwest cravings around.
Enjoy it as is for a vegan delight, or add a sprinkle of optional cheese.
It’s all good!😉
The sweet potatoes in this dish give a whopping boost of Vitamin A, while the spices and the enchilada sauce keep it close to the roots of what we desire from such cuisine.
Did you blend this easy sweet potato enchiladas in your power blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix? Then leave us a comment below and rate the recipe!
Don’t forget to join our blending loving tribe for new healthy meal ideas and updates from Blender Babes and our friends. 🙂
Easy Sweet Potato Black Bean EnchiladasPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or sautéing oil of choice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 15- oz. can of organic black beans ,rinsed and drained.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper ,or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ,optional
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Smoked Chipotle OR Tabasco Sauce (Tabasco brand)
- 3 medium sized organic sweet potatoes ,cubed but not peeled
- 4 12- inch soft tortillas
- 1 jar or can of prepared enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Place the beans, onion and garlic mixture, water, cumin, red pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, and chipotle sauce into your power blender (such as a Blendtec or Vitamix), secure lid and blend on high (about 30-45 seconds) until chunky. Blend longer for a puree (depending on how you like it, I prefer a little chew). Use a tamper if needed.
- Pour mixture into a separate container and rinse bender jar.
- Boil the sweet potato pieces in four cups of water until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potato cubes and place in a blender container. Process for 30 seconds on high, using the tamper if needed, until you have a "mostly smooth" mixture.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas. If you are adding cheese, add within each tortilla before folding, saving 1/3 of the cheese for sprinkling over the top.
- Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place in a parchment lined baking pan.
- Top with a jar or can of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 20 minutes, until bubbly.
2. Give the recipe some crunch by adding bell peppers, corn, or other veggies to the filling and then top it off with some cilantro!
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
BLACK BEANS HEALTH BENEFITS
Black beans are a healthy addition to both vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets.
These nutritious and tasty legumes are available dried or canned, and both types provide the same health benefits.
The benefits of beans come from a few different components, including protein, fiber, antioxidants and micronutrients.
Black beans are high in protein, so they are an especially good choice for vegetarians and others with diets low in protein.
Unlike animal products, black beans contain only trace amounts of saturated fat and no cholesterol. Black beans and rice are ideal because when they are paired, they provide all of the essential amino acids that you need.
These amino acids are used to repair and replace the amino acids in your organs as they are broken down over time.