Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
DAIRY-FREE FROZEN FUDGE POPS RECIPE
Remember those frozen fudge popsicles from when you were a child? The ones the ice-cream man handed out on hot summer days; their chocolatey goodness melting in your mouth and sometimes on your chin too! Though tasty, those fudge pops were traditionally filled with excess corn syrup and white sugar (yuck!) but this updated version uses all-natural ingredients, without an ounce of white sugar. This healthier fudgesicle recipe developed by holistic nutritionist Peggy K and featured in her book Kitchen Cures, calls for coconut sugar and dark chocolate instead of refined white – giving them a deep, sweet flavor, like dark chocolate mousse on a stick! For an even creamier version, we also tested this with full fat coconut cream or milk from a can instead of vanilla coconut milk. There was even a little left over that wasn’t enough for a popsicle, but was enough to enjoy as a small serving of chocolate pudding. Either way this recipe is DELICIOUS! So go ahead, indulge in your inner child and whip these up in your Blendtec or Vitamix or “regular” blender and pour them into fun popsicle molds!
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla coconut milk*
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Grease your popsicle molds with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, Speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, Speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks and continue freezing overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Remove from freezer in the morning and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is one of the few foods still classified as a “superfood.” Its unique combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on your health, including fat loss, better brain function and various other amazing benefits.
Studies have shown that intake of coconut oil can help our bodies mount resistance to both viruses and bacteria that can cause illness. It also can help to fight off yeast, fungus and candida.
Coconut oil positively affects our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control. People who take coconut oil also tend to better maintain blood sugar since coconut can help improve insulin usage in the body. It also boosts thyroid function, helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. And last but not least, it increases digestion and helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
Excerpted with permission from Kitchen Cures by Peggy Kotsopoulos. Published by Pintail a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company.