Try our FREE Juice Detox!
TEQUILA AVOCADO MARGARITA RECIPE
Almost every day, I find a way to incorporate the smooth, rich fruit of the avocado into a meal or snack.
Most of the time I manage with just salt and a spoon, but this easy Tequila Avocado Margarita recipe is A-MAAAAZING!
It’s the perfect Happy Hour treat for Cinco de Mayo (or any other day of the year when you can find a ripe avocado)!
A thick, velvety texture carries the tequila, while cilantro and celery salt balance the sweetness.
If you don’t have ripe avocados nearby but still want a green margarita, try Blender Babes’ Signature Green Margarita (with spinach – sounds weird but it’s AMAZING, trust me!) or just stick with a classic margarita.
Join our blending loving tribe for more healthy cocktail recipes!
Let us know what you thought about this tequila avocado margarita recipe by rating it in the comments below!
TEQUILA AVOCADO MARGARITA AVORITAPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1.5 oz 1800 Silver tequila
- 0.75 ounces Cointreau OR Grand Marnier
- 1.5 oz lime juice
- 1.5 ounces raw agave OR stevia simple syrup
- Half a ripe avocado
- 2 to 3 sprigs of cilantro
- Kosher salt / celery salt for rim
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Kosher / Celery Salt Rim: Mix 1 teaspoon of celery salt with 4 tablespoons Kosher salt in a small bowl. To rim the glass, wet outside of Margarita glass with lime wedge and dip into salt mixture. Set the glass aside.
- For Vitamix or other variable speed blender: Use variable speeds 1-4, slowing increasing for about 30 to 45 seconds.
- For Blendtec: Use Speed 4 and Blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove contents from blender (make sure to scrape sides) and combine in a mixing glass with the tequila and Cointreau. Shake vigorously and strain over ice into two salt-rimmed glass. Serve with a lime wedge and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
AVOCADO HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Avocados maintain heart health with a generous dose of vitamin B6 and folic acid, and a high dose of folate can prevent strokes.
Rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, avocados also promote skin health and can offset symptoms of psoriasis and slow signs of aging.