Try our FREE 1 Day Juice Detox!
BERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
This is a wonderful berry ice cream filled with various fruits and a secret cancer-fighting ingredient… CABBAGE!
We know it may look “weird” or even “gross” but Blender Babes promises… you (and your little ones!) WON’T EVEN TASTE IT!!! Use green or purple cabbage, both have high cancer-fighting properties, although the green cabbage has a slightly lighter flavor than purple.
Just make sure the kiddies don’t see you put it in your blender jar! Remember, what they don’t know can’t hurt them… try this super healthy cancer-fighting berry ice cream tonight!
Note: Blender Babes have worn Activewear since 2013
Berry Ice Cream
- 4 ounces berry juice concentrate
- 2 ounces half and half
- 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup green cabbage
- Sweetener of choice
- 4 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10/HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not overmix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
CABBAGE HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Cabbage is one of the oldest cultivated vegetables. It was enjoyed by the ancient Romans both as a food and as a medicine to treat wounds, colic, and to prevent plague.
In later centuries other cultures used it to treat bruises, poisoning, dog bites, and acne.
Although each variety of cabbage differs somewhat in nutritional value, they all provide healthy levels of vitamin C and various phytonutrients, that are known to prevent breast cancer and help the liver rid itself of toxins. Cabbage can heal ulcers and contains substances that can strengthen the immune system and reduce tumor growth.