Enter to win our latest Blender Giveaway!
GLUTEN FREE BACON CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP
This gluten-free Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup recipe is both chunky AND smooth.
A delectable paradox! It’s perfect by its delicious and filling self , or as a side dish to the main course.
Any way you blend it, this amazing cheesy soup – backed with delicious bacon flavor – will have you joining our blender community for more healthy blender recipes! Share your rating below if you try this one at home!
Gluten Free Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
- 2 cups milk or your favorite milk substitute unsweetened
- 2 medium russet potatoes baked
- 1/3 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 small onion chopped and sautéed in 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- Place milk, one potato, cheese, onion, dill weed, rosemary and salt into the
- blender container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: SOUPS button. PULSE 3 times until heavy steam comes out.
- Vitamix: Select Variable Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable speed 10, then to HIGH. Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Reduce speed to Variable Speed 3.
- Remove the lid plug. Add in remaining potato and bacon.
- For Blendtec, press the PULSE button 2-5 times.
- For Vitamix, blend for an additional 10 seconds on Variable Speed 3 until chopped.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
Potatoes are a great source of vitamin b6, potassium, and even copper!
As simple as they seem, potatoes actually boast having 60 different kinds of phytochemicals and vitamins in them.
The vitamin b6 content may help to build cells and has been shown to be a protective vitamin against cardiovascular disease.
Provided that it’s coming from a grass fed cow, milk is high in vitamin b-12, omega 3 fatty acids, lignans and antioxidants, with anti-inflammatory support.