Try our FREE Juice Detox!
GLUTEN-FREE CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE
If you’re looking for an oh so easy gluten-free gravy recipe for potatoes or meats these holidays, this creamy mushroom gravy will add an extra dimension of flavor and get more vegetables into your diet in only five minutes! We used vegetable bouillon and a milk alternative to make a vegan version, but match your turkey with chicken or beef bouillon and add a splash of dry red wine or juices from your meats for even more flavor! Pair this with our popular smashed cauliflower or roasted root vegetable mash as a much light alternative to mashed potatoes. Subbing out gluten-free tamari and gluten-free oats will make this a gluten-free recipe. A Blendtec or Vitamix will quickly pulverize the whole mushrooms into a creamy gravy, but you can do it with a “regular” blender as well.
- 1 cup gluten-free oats raw
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon bouillon vegetable, chicken, beef
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine optional
- Grind oatmeal in blender first:
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable 1, increase to Variable 10, and grind for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms) to jar.
- For Blendtec: Use speed 7 or 8 for 30-40 seconds until blended.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable 1, increase to Variable 10/HIGH and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms. Add wine until desired consistency is reached. Cook on low heat until thick.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
If needed, add salt to taste.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Mushrooms are a great source of Vitamin D and have been proven to improve health, especially when replacing meat in a meal like this delicious vegetarian mushroom gravy recipe. Mushrooms aid in weight management and their long chain polysaccharides, particularly alpha and beta glucan molecules, are primarily responsible for the mushrooms’ beneficial effect on the immune system. Mushrooms come in many varieties that all have different benefits, so we recommend trying this mushroom gravy with a variety of mushrooms!