Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
EASY HOLIDAY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
Holiday Butternut Squash Soup is one of the best vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes to give to non-turkey eaters or just to balance the heavy meal. A butternut squash soup recipe is one of those perfect starter recipes to warm a cool night. The perfect appetizer, it’s also a hearty meal when paired with a delicious salad and bread. This one is so easy to make with your Vitamix or Blendtec high powered blender, butternut squash soup will become a family staple! Did you try it? Let us know what you thought in the comments.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 buttercup or butternut squash cooked, peeled OR 2 cups squash or pumpkin, cooked
- 1/4 small onion peeled
- 1/4 medium apple cored
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sage dried
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 60 ml heavy cream
- Roast or Steam your squash or pumpkin to cook.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT cream into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 6 - 7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add in the heavy cream through the lid plug opening and blend for an additional 20 seconds.
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP button 3 times. Remove lid plug and add cream. Replace plug. Use Speed 3 for 20 seconds.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Butternut squash is the most popular among winter squash varieties. Oftentimes, the squash is recognized as large pear shaped golden-yellow pumpkin fruit. Butternuts are annual long trailing vines. They’re usually cultivated in warmer climates of South and Central American regions for their edible fruits, flowers, as well as seeds.
Squash is one of the common vegetable that is often recommended by dieticians in the cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs. It is perhaps the single vegetable source in the cucurbitaceae family with highest levels of vitamin-A, providing about 354% of RDA. Vitamin A is a powerful natural anti-oxidant and is required by body for maintaining the integrity of skin and mucus membranes. It is also an essential vitamin for vision. Research studies suggest that natural foods rich in vitamin A helps body protect against lung and oral cavity cancers.