Try our latest Blender Giveaway!
SMASHED CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE RECIPE
Mashed cauliflower is a delicious, low-starch alternative to mashed potatoes.
This cruciferous vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin C, containing almost as much vitamin C as oranges! This side dish is SO GOOD and SO EASY to make with a Vitamix or Blendtec blender, the kids will request it and want to help make it! 🙂 We have even made this a dairy-free version using vegetable broth and vegan cheese.
Mmmmmm, so good any way you smash it.
Swimsuit by: Syrup Swimwear
- 1 large head of cauliflower chopped into florets and steamed
- 2 tablespoons milk lowfat OR milk substitute
- 1/4 cup sour cream lowfat/light
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese reduced fat to lower calories
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives optional, for garnish
- Add ingredients to jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SAUCES button
- Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 7. Blend until desired consistency is reached, approx. 1 min
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CAULIFLOWER
“Cabbage flower” – that’s the translation of the Latin terms caulis (cabbage) and floris (flower) from which cauliflower was born.
The oldest record of cauliflower comes from the sixth century BC, and it was noted by European writers in the sixteenth century.
Cauliflower is a very good source of vitamin C and manganese, which are both powerful antioxidants helping to reduce your risk for diseases caused by oxidative stress, such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Regular cauliflower consumption can also help decrease the risk of inflammation-mediated diseases such as arthritis, obesity, diabetes mellitus, inflammatory bowel disease and ulcerative colitis.