Try our latest Blender Giveaway!
SAVORY APPETIZER CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Whip this up for your next party or gathering and this savory appetizer cheesecake with crudités is a great way to enjoy fresh vegetables. Your guests will have no idea that this savory appetizer recipe is so easy to make in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender!
Savory Appetizer Cheesecake
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 slice whole wheat bread toasted, quartered
- 1 egg large
- 3 large egg whites
- Four 8 ounce packages Neufchatel cheese quartered
- One 6 ounce can of artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 2 green onions trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Butter and quarter toast. Add toast to jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press "Pulse" 4-6 times or until desired crumb size is reached. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Add eggs and Neufchâtel cheese to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4-6 times. Add artichokes, green onions, garlic, feta cheese and herbs and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-5 times.
- For Vitamix: Start on variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Speed 5 and run until desired crumb size is reached. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Add eggs and Neufchâtel cheese to jar and secure lid. Start on variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Speed 8 and blend for 10 seconds. Add artichokes, green onions, garlic, feta cheese and herbs and secure lid. Start on variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Speed 5, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades, for 10 seconds.
- Pour blend onto crust and bake 35 minutes until center is nearly set. Cool on rack for 30 min. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BASIL
Basil, a popular herb in the same family as peppermint, is used to season sauces, soups, salads and pasta dishes all around the world. In addition to its versatile flavor, basil also offers many important health benefits that will have you scrambling to add a little basil to your next meal.
Basil oil can be used to treat constipation, stomach cramps and indigestion as well as the cold, flu, asthma, whooping cough, bronchitis and sinus infections. It is also a great source of magnesium, an essential mineral that helps the body’s blood vessels relax, which can improve blood flow.