Try our FREE Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
LIGHT BASIL GREEN GODDESS DRESSING RECIPE
We made the popular basil green goddess dressing lighter by substituting some of the ingredients, and it’s still FRESH and DELICIOUS.
It’s especially good on top of butter lettuce with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and other veggies.
It’s even great on hard-boiled eggs for a delicious, protein-packed snack.
This yummy light basil green goddess dressing is also great as a dip, that’s a healthier alternative to rich ranch dressings.
When the weather warms up, this cool and refreshing dressing hits the spot!
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy blender recipes!
If you try this recipe at home, share your rating with us below in the comments. 🙂
- 1 cup mayonnaise light
- 1 cup scallions white and green parts (6 to 7 scallions)
- 1 cup basil leaves fresh
- 1/4 cup lemon juice approximately 2 small lemons or 1 large
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup sour cream light
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press speed up to SPEED 4 and blend until smooth, approx 50 seconds.
- Vitamix: select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BASIL AND GARLIC
Basil is a great way to enrich your favorite pasta sauce or salad dressing that not only enhances the taste but also is a good source of magnesium.
Magnesium promotes cardiovascular health by prompting muscles and blood vessels to relax, thus improving blood flow and lessening the risk of irregular heart rhythms or a spasming of the heart muscle or a blood vessel.
Garlic, people either love it or hate it, but when it comes to health benefits, many researchers believe that garlic has been highly effective in treating ailments ranging from infections to snake bites to high blood pressure.
Studies show that garlic can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which can help prevent atherosclerosis and other heart-related disease.
Garlic is also used today by some for the prevention of lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, rectal cancer, and colon cancer.