Try our FREE Juice Detox!
GARLIC BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE
This low fat garlic blue cheese dressing is great on a bibb lettuce or cobb salad, on a roast beef sandwich, or as a delicious dip to serve with veggies or buffalo wings. Blue cheese lovers will just LOVE this creamy garlic blue cheese dressing, and the garlic gives it a little extra kick, making this an extra tasty condiment. By using low fat buttermilk and cottage cheese, this recipe is low fat! This tasty garlic blue cheese dressing recipe is super delicious and so easy to make in your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender!
- 1/4 cup buttermilk low-fat
- 1 cup cottage cheese low-fat
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- Place the ingredients into the blender and secure the lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the DRESSINGS Button
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed Speed 4. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Keep covered in the fridge for 4 days.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARLIC
Garlic has been highly effective in treating ailments ranging from infections to snake bites to high blood pressure. Sanskrit records show that it was used as a medicine about 5,000 years ago, and Chinese traditional medicine has embraced its healing power for more than 3,000 years. Because of its antibacterial properties, garlic was used in both world wars to help prevent gangrene.
Several studies show that garlic can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which can help prevent atherosclerosis and other heart-related disease. Garlic can provide a modest but important decline in blood pressure and has also been shown to help prevent cancer of the stomach and colon. Another really great benefit of garlic, is that it is also an aphrodisiac, due to its ability to increase circulation! RAAAARRR!