Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Enjoy our FREE Juice Detox!
VEGAN CARAMEL CANDY APPLE RECIPE
Halloween usually means sugary sweets and treats, so I decided to create this recipe for those parents who are TRYING to limit the sugar spikes this holiday! Before the kids go trick or treating or a festive holiday party, you can whip up this healthier vegan caramel candy apple recipe at home! This is an easy Halloween treat that contains significantly less refined sugar and is also vegan and gluten-free!! Surprisingly, your little trick-or-treaters won’t know the difference! If you’re looking for gluten-free vegan halloween recipes to share with your family and friends, definitely try these delicious caramel apples that are guilt-free!
- 8 apples
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt or celtic salt
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Popsicle sticks
For the apples:
- Wash and completely dry apples, then insert popsicle stick into the stem end of each apple.
For the caramel:
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and lemon juice over medium heat until it reaches a light boil. Then slowly stir in coconut milk, sea salt and vanilla. Bring to a boil and let cook about 3 minutes, lower temperature slightly and let simmer until mixture becomes thick and dark. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Remove from heat and let cool down completely to room temperature.
- Once cool, dip apple into caramel, then roll into coating of choice (chopped nuts, shredded coconut or mini chocolate chips), then arrange standing up on parchment lined baking sheet. Cool in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS COCONUT MILK
The coconut fruit’s meat juice, milk and oil have traditionally been used in island populations around the world in everything from cooking to disease prevention. Here are three health benefits of the unique fatty acids found in coconut milk:
New research has revealed that not eating enough fat can actually make you fat. It is believed that people who include more healthy fats in their diet, such as the medium-chain triglycerides found in coconut milk, eat less than those who don’t get enough fat. While all fats help the body feel full and satiate and control appetite, the fat in coconut milk may increase metabolism and perhaps increase weight loss on a reduced-calorie diet.
Immune System Health
Coconut milk contains lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids and capric acid, which have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. The body converts lauric acid into monolaurin, which may fight the viruses and bacteria that cause influenza, herpes, and even HIV!
Healthy Skin and Hair
Coconut milk is highly nutritious when ingested, and these nutrients may help fortify and condition skin and hair as well. The fatty acids in coconut milk are a natural antiseptic and may help treat dandruff, skin infections, wounds and dry, itchy skin. Furthermore, the high fatty acid content in coconut milk serves as a natural moisturizer for healthy skin and may help repair wrinkles and sagging in aging skin.